Friday, March 20, 2009

Meet My Parents

His grandmother has to (I mean HAS TO) see him at least for a minute everyday. I constantly remind her, I am working come later. If she doesn't see him once in a day, she accuses me of having kept her away from her grandson! So, this has become a routine off late. Every time Vidur hears my computer ringing, he drops everything and scrambles on to my lap ready to pose for my parents. My mother has taught him to give a flying kiss through the webcam (using web 2.0 to teach? ;)). As soon as the webcam is switched on, Vidur gets into his act. He starts counting, dancing, talking, shooting flying kisses so that mother and father can go all oooh so sweet and all.

On days when my father joins in all the fun, he sings Vidur's favourite (actually my dad's favourite and all of Doha can vouch for this) song "pulang guzhal". Vidur starts dancing for my father (father loving his reaction sings the whole song!). When my mother shows Micky (yes, we are a crazy family :)), Vidur gets so exicted. My mother feels snubbed as she believes that Vidur is more excited to see Micky than her. Micky looks absolutely frightened, hoping that Vidur will not jump out of the computer and make her nightmares real. :D

Vidur used to find it increasingly awkward to wave bye bye to the computer. But he has got the hang of it. He talks, dances, waves and enjoys all the attention he gets. He basks in the glory of being loved by his grandparents who are miles and miles away.

No comments: