Monday, March 2, 2009

My Support System

In the month of Dec-Jan, I was very sick. Most doctors thought it was viral fever. But it refused to go away. I had just gotten back from Doha and was feeling no better. My hubby nearly panicked when my temperature sky rocketed to 104. Finally, with no time to prepare, I had to be admitted in hospital. We called my in laws and requested them to come immediately. They were ready to leave as soon as possible. They decided against the flight and opted for the evening train. My father in law managed to somehow get tickets. I wanted Rajeev to be with Vidur and therefore, requested my darling grandmom to stay with me. Ever ready to help, she was ready to come keep me company. My mother and sister kept calling me to know what was happening. My mom (against my advice) decided to take the next flight out to come take care of me. I was honestly glad she was coming. My mother in law would take care of Vidur and my mother can take care of me. Hubby was under a lot of pressure to balance home, work and hospital. :) But he did everything he could and I love him for that.

I was in the hospital for almost 6 six days. Each day away from Vidur was very painful. Like most people, I take my family for granted. But today, I would like to take a moment to give them their due. I feel so loved; whenever I am in trouble, there are so many people who will put their lives on hold to ensure mine is functioning smoothly. What would I do without the love of such people. Especially my mother, she spoils me rotten. She took great care of me, listened to my nonsense, consoled me when I was down, never let me lift a finger till I was absolutely capable, put up with my mood swings, and many many more smaller things through which she showed her love. Mothers are afterall mothers, I guess.

BTW, we found a fiance for my sister because I fell sick. My mom was able to attend a marriage because she was here. Her friend suggested that there was a really nice boy from a very nice family. Everything worked out perfectly! Sriram is the sweetest guy I have ever met and his family is very, very warm and genuine. Like they say, somethings happen for the good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you darling. Feels good to be appretiated and loved in return.
Well written!

Anonymous said...

very nice!! glad to be a part of ur support system